Please note that the firmware upgrade only works for Chubby Buttons V2 (black, green, or "patriot" color-way). Chubby Buttons V2 (white/grey) does not need to be updated. If you have a Chubby Buttons V2 please proceed to the following steps:
Try these steps with me: I know they are rudimentary, but these steps tend to work EVERY time for all of our other customers:
1. Un-install the Chubby Buttons app (delete it) .
2. Un-pair (completely forget your CB from your smartphone) .
3. Power cycle your smartphone .
4. Before re-installing the Chubby Buttons app, pair your CB with your smartphone (within normal system settings, not the CB app). Test to make sure It successfully paired by using it with your favorite music app.
5. Once you're at the point when CB is functioning normally again, then go to the app store / play store and get a fresh download of the Chubby Buttons app.
6. When you open up the app, you should already see Chubby Buttons is paired (from the system pairing). There is no need to freshly pair within the app. Follow the instructions update the firmware
7. Go to Bluetooth settings and forget Chubby Buttons from your smartphone
8. RESTART YOUR SMARTPHONE! This one is important.